Breast augmentation or augmentation mammoplasty (also informally called ‘breast aug’ or ‘boob job’) is a plastic surgery aimed at increasing the size, changing the shape, and restoring the symmetry of the breasts of a woman. A breast augmentation is usually performed on breasts with naturally small size or those which had lost their volume due to pregnancy, weight loss and aging.
Within the broader category, a type of breast augmentation surgery known as breast reconstruction is used to create artificial breasts for those who had one or both of their breasts removed (mastectomy).
A breast augmentation typically involves insertion of breast implants but sometimes a fat transfer may be used for those who want to have a small improvement in their breasts. Breast implants are prostheses used to change the size, shape, and contour of the breasts for aesthetic reasons.
Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery?
You are a good candidate if:
- You have fully developed breasts
- You aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding and are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- You are extremely upset about the small size of your breasts
- You have lost the normal shape and volume of your breast after pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss or because of aging, hence losing your self-confidence
- Your breasts are asymmetrical
- One or both of your breasts failed to develop normally or have an elongated shape
- You have had a mastectomy
How is a breast augmentation procedure performed? (breast implant)
- Anesthesia: You will receive intravenous sedation or general anesthesia for the surgery. Your doctor will recommend the best choice based on some factors he/she understands well.
- Making incisions: Depending on the anatomy of your breasts, the type of surgery and your desired shape, different forms of incisions are made in your breasts. The doctor tries to make them in unsuspicious areas so to reduce the chances of visible post-operative scarring. Incisions may be made along the areolar edge (peri-areolar incision), in the fold under the breast (crease or inframammary fold incision), in the armpit (axillary incision) or above the belly button (trans-umbilical incision), the latter will leave no scarring on the breasts themselves.
- Inserting the breast implant: Implants are inserted through the incisions and are positioned either under the pectoral muscle or directly behind the breast tissue. This is decided by your doctor depending on the type of implant, your desired shape and your body type.
- Closing the incisions: Incisions in the breast tissue are closed with absorbable suture and the skin incisions are closed with sutures or medical adhesive tapes.
- See the results: You will immediately see the results of a breast augmentation surgery. To see the final results, however, you should wait for a few weeks until the swelling subsides, the skin stretches and the wounds heal.
Breast augmentation recovery
After the completion of your surgery, you will be taken to a recovery room for close monitoring until you get well and ready to be discharged (usually after one hour). Before leaving, your doctor will give your post-operative instructions and medical prescription. Medications may include painkillers and antibiotics for infection prevention purposes. A medical follow-up appointment with your surgeons is typically arranged for you during the recovery process.
You have to wear a support garment like a special bra or elastic band called ‘bandeu’ round the clock according to the instructions of your surgeon. You may also be instructed to cleanse the incision sites and apply ointment or only keep the bandage on. Strictly follow the instructions whatever they are.
Light bleeding may occur during the first days after the surgery. Do not fret about it and do what you are instructed. During the first five days of the recovery period you may feel acute pain which will subside gradually. Soreness and swelling last longer (maybe a few weeks).
Risks and side effects
If you choose to have a plastic surgery, you should be informed about possible risks and side effects. A plastic surgery is a highly personal decision and everything depends on your priorities. If the benefits you get from a breast augmentation surgery do not overweight the potential risks and complications, think twice before considering one.
It is noteworthy that for every surgery (cosmetic or medical) there is a long list of potential risks and complications. However, only a small percentage of the patients may develop a small number of the items, and most of them will usually subside with the passage of time.
According to The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a breast augmentation has the following possible risks: Light bleeding/Hematoma, anesthesia risks, infection, scarring, wrong or faulty position of the implant, fluid accumulation (seroma), changes in nipple or breast sensation, formation of tight scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture), implant leakage or rupture, wrinkling of the skin over the implant, possibility of revision surgery and persistent pain.
Breast augmentation surgery in Iran
Iranian plastic surgeons are highly skilled and experienced. Plastic surgery industry in Iran has been booming in recent years due to growing demand for cosmetic surgeries among the youth. This has created a platform for Iranian doctors to gain a lot of experience in these fields as they are increasingly prolific in carrying out various types of plastic surgeries.
Add to this the different economic factors which have led to low costs of such services in the country. Quality plus affordability are the main two reasons to choose Iran for a plastic surgery, including a breast augmentation. A trip to Iran for an augmentation surgery will save you a lot of money.
If you are considering a breast augmentation surgery, research for the price in other countries before contacting us asking for our prices. We will offer you free consultation and every detail you need about our services, from travel services like airport pick-ups and hotels, to medical and specialized services.
Breast Augmentation before & after photos
Contact Us for Breast Augmentation
Send your request now to WhatsApp/Viber/Telegram/Imo number +989129570479 or E-Mail Info@Arimedtour.com and ask questions about your treatment and receive doctor’s answer OR hit the pink button below.
WHAT HAPPENs WHEN YOU ARE SENDING YOUR REQUEST
- Ask questions about your treatment
- Your request will be reviewed by Doctors at AriaMedTour
- Doctor’s Assistant will CONTACT you via the communication portal you have selected in the form