Many people are unhappy with their irregularly shaped or protruding ears. They face many problems including lack of self-confidence, limited choices of hair styles, unfriendly comments, and limited choices in sports. Ear correction surgery or otoplasty, is a common surgical procedure that reshapes and reconstructs the protruding and irregularly shaped ears, helping people overcome the embarrassment caused by these types of ears.
The ultimate goal of the surgery is to create a symmetrical and natural looking appearance, without leaving any visible sign of the surgery.
An otoplasty procedure might include resizing, reshaping, and repositioning the ears, or a combination of all three.
Otoplasty can be carried out for children over the age of five, so that the ear cartilage is firm enough to allow reshaping. however, surgery at earlier ages carries high risk.
What should I do before ear correction surgery?
There are some general guidelines that should be followed before otoplasty which are as follows:
- Do not use any medications containing Acetylsalicylic acid (such as Aspirin), as they might increase bleeding during and after surgery.
- Get pre-operative examination.
- Make sure that you have not suffered from any viral illness at least three weeks before the surgery. If so, inform your surgeon.
- Wash your hair the day before the operation, and do not wear any make up or earrings on the day of the surgery.
How is ear correction surgery performed?
Ear correction surgery or otoplasty takes between two or three hours. It can be conducted under local or general anaesthesia.
Surgeons remove the skin and reshape cartilage from behind the ears. The incisions are made behind the ears, so that there will be no visible scarring after the surgery.
Surgeons can also:
- Pin the ears back, preventing them from sticking out
- Reduce the size of the ears, making them more in proportion to the rest of your face
- Re-shape them in case they have been damaged
- Reconstruct them in case they have any physical deformity
Otoplasty recovery and post-op instructions
The post-surgery care varies for each individual and depends on the agreement between surgeon and patient. But the common post-operative cares for all patients are shortly highlighted below:
- The bandage should be replaced the next day after the surgery, and then again after 2 days. The bandage is completely removed in 7 days. You can wash your head after the bandage removal, and wear a protective band over your ears for several weeks.
- You should protect your ears from cold, and in order to prevent any infections, swimming is not recommended.
- Sports and physical activities can be resumed after approximately 5 weeks.
Ear correction surgery (otoplasty) before & after photos
Contact Us for Ear Correction Surgery
Send your request now to WhatsApp/Viber/Telegram/Imo number +989129570479 or E-Mail Info@Arimedtour.com and ask questions about your treatment and receive doctor’s answer OR hit the pink button below.
WHAT HAPPENs WHEN YOU ARE SENDING YOUR REQUEST
- Ask questions about your treatment
- Your request will be reviewed by Doctors at AriaMedTour
- Doctor’s Assistant will CONTACT you via the communication portal you have selected in the form