Not everyone is born with natural dimples, but due to its popularity and enhancement of facial aesthetics, the requests for dimple have tripled over the past few years among millennials.
Pre-op instructionfor dimpleplasty
Before undergoing a dimple creation surgery do the following:
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least 6 hours prior to the surgery
- Stop smoking at least 2 weeks before surgery til 2 weeks after surgery
- Avoid drinking one week prior to the surgery
- Do not wear any lenses, jewelry, make up and nail polish the day of surgery
- Strictly follow your doctor’s instructions on mouth care for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery and 2 weeks after the surgery
How is Dimple creation surgery done?
Dimple creation surgery is one of the easiest surgeries. The procedure is carried out under local anesthesia, and takes less than half an hour.
For creating fake dimples, an incision is made inside a patient’s mouth by surgeons, and then a defect is created in the cheek muscle. In this way dimples are seen upon animation of the face, not when the face is relaxed.
Dimpleplasty surgery recovery and post-op care
You will suffer from minor swelling and pain, which would disappear in less than two weeks. The stitches will soon dissolve and look more natural.
Since the oral cavity is full of bacteria, antiseptic mouthwash has to be used twice a day to keep the mouth germ-free. If needed, the doctor will provide medications to relieve pain, and also suitable antibiotics will be prescribed.
In some cases, it is possible that the dimple disappears over time, but the procedure can be repeated easily.