Lip tattooing in Iran: All you need to know
Lip tattooing (lip blushing) procedure is really similar to getting a lip tattoo and it normally takes between 1 to 3 hours. This procedure begins by the doctor numbing your lips with anesthesia to decrease the amount of pain and discomfort you may feel during the process. Afterwards, using tiny mechanized needles, the doctor deposit pigments into the lips in order to create layers of color that all eventually give one even tone.
How is this procedure different from traditional permanent makeup?
Traditional and typical permanent makeup procedures are done by using strong machines and artificial pigments or ink. This makes these procedures unhealthy for most patients. On the other hand, new procedures, such as lip blushing, are done using organic products and modern digital tools, which gives more natural-looking results and offers healthier options for those who seek such procedures.
Who should avoid getting a lip tattoo?
- Women who are under the age of 18
- Pregnant women
- Nursing women
- Diabetic patients
- Patients with autoimmune diseases
- Patients who are using blood thinners
- Patients who suffer from epilepsy
- Patients who are sick from cold/flu
- Patients who suffer from thyroid disease
- Patients who suffer from major heart problems
- Patients who had an organ transplant
- Patients who suffer from any skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis) or irritations in the treated area
- Patients Undergoing chemotherapy or radiation
What are the benefits of getting a lip tattoo (lip blushing)?
- Despite the fact that this procedure is mainly cosmetic, it can be used as a corrective medical procedure to help with asymmetry.
- This procedure can be a corrective procedure that can fix conditions like uneven lip discoloration caused by different cancer treatment methods, vitiligo, or injuries.
- Lip blushing gives a natural-looking defined lip all the time.
- Lip blushing rids you of the effort of applying your favorite shade and color every time.
- Most lip tattoos are sweatproof, which can be considered really beneficial for those with oily skin.
- Lip blushing improves your lifestyle and saves you a lot of time.
- Lip blushing rids you of the effort and time spent to remove makeup before sleep.
- Lip blushing is a great solution for women suffering from allergies to cosmetics.
- Lip blushing gives a fuller shape to thin lips.
Are there any side effects for lip blushing?
Despite the fact that most people undergo such procedures with no side effects that’s worth mentioning, there are common side effects reported by many patients, such as:
- Swelling: Swelling may occur after the procedure as a natural reaction to the micro-injuries caused by the needles inserted in your skin. However, the swelling will begin to fade slowly after a couple of days.
- Developing an infection: There is always a possibility to develop an infection in the lip area if the doctor uses unsterilized equipment and needles for the procedure. Severe infections can cause a fever and chills and needs to be treated immediately.
- Scarring: Scarring is likely to occur if the micro-injuries don’t heal properly. Moreover, infections and allergic reactions may cause additional scarring in the treated area.
- Severe Allergic reaction: Despite the fact that it is a rare case, anaphylaxis or severe allergic reactions were reported by some patients after hours of the procedure. Severe reactions can manifest as swelling in the neck and cheeks in addition to breathing difficulties. In these rare cases, it’s extremely important to go to the hospital immediately, as it’s a life-threatening condition.
- Blood-borne infection: Illnesses such as HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C can be transmitted if unsterilized needles were used during the procedure.
Other possible side effects include:
- Skin bumps
- Uneven coloring
- Pain and discomfort
- Pus coming out of the lips area
How to prepare for a lip tattoo (lip blushing) procedure?
The first and most important step is to decide what type of tattoo you want and try on different shades before deciding, as it all depends on the individual’s choices and preferences.
Before the day of the procedure, put on your favorite lipstick colors and use different shades of rose in order to determine your preferred one and to choose the type that fits you perfectly and completely matches your skin tone. This way, on the day of the procedure, you’ll be able to give the doctor the exact style you wish to have. Furthermore, you would better decide the place (inside of the lips or outside) before the procedure.
Other preparation tips for lip tattooing include the following:
- Avoid brushing your teeth or drinking before the procedure. Moreover, Alcohol and caffeine are not allowed for at least 48 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning for at least one week before the procedure.
- Do not take any supplements for at least 48 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid taking Aspirin and Advil prior to the procedure.
- You must be willing to completely follow the doctor’s instructions and the aftercare tips in order to prevent infections.
- You must wait for at least 4 months after having a lip filler and 6 weeks if you had a touch up, as there is a possibility to develop poor color retention after undergoing the aforementioned procedures.
Is it necessary to have touch-ups?
Most patients require a touch-up so the lip tattoo maintain the same look it did when they first underwent the procedure. Patients are most likely to get a touch up every few-months as the first results are likely to fade with time. However, the level of the needed touch up depends mainly on how much the tattoo has faded. Furthermore, patients may need a touch up for a couple of colors only.
In some cases, certain areas of the lips appear darker or more blurred than other after one session. These rare cases require a simple touch up after the first session and can be easily fixed by this simple procedure.
The recovery period after the procedure and the aftercare
In the first phase of recovery, in a similar way to recovering from a tattoo, patients are likely to experience swelling and redness, which can be easily reduced by using cold compresses. Moreover, according to some patients, it was best to leave the lips to air-dry instead of putting bondages on the lips.
As the lips begin to heal, skin scabs are likely to occur, and it is highly advised not to pick at these scabs, as this may cause scars and change the tone of your lips as they are healing.
Most patients fully recover from this procedure after a month. However, follow up appointments may be required for most patients.
How can I speed up the healing process?
- Use lip moisturizers after the procedure, as almost all patients suffer from sever dryness afterwards.
- Avoid intense workouts for a couple of weeks as your lips heal.
- Avoid direct sun exposure while recovering.
How can I arrange my medical trip to have lip tattooing in Iran?
Your entire trip arrangement process can be started by pressing the “Get a Free Consultation” button when you visit the website, or by contacting AriaMedTour directly using the number provided on the website.