About Dr Bakhshaee
Dr Mehdi Bakhshaee was born in Birjand, eastern Iran. He completed his primary and secondary education in his hometown as a top student. Dr Bakhshaee entered Mashhad University of Medical Sciences the same year to study Medicine and graduated from that university in 1997. He later continued his education by completing a residency in Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT), Head & Neck Surgery and received his degree in 2004.
In 2009, Dr Bakhshaee passed the first specialized fellowship in rhinology (endoscopic nose, sinus and skull base surgery & rhinoplasty) held in Iran at Tehran University of Medical Sciences. Currently, Dr Bakhshaee is Associate Professor of ENT at Mashhad University of Medical Sciences. He also sees patients at his private office in the city.
Dr Bakhshaee’s academic education
- Associate Professorship, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, 2011
- Fellowship in Rhinology (endoscopic nose, sinus and skull base surgery & rhinoplasty), 2009; the first to be qualified for this course in Iran.
- Residency in ENT-Head & Neck Surgery, 2004; ranked first in the specialty board
- Doctor of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, 1997; Grade A, included in the top 1% of graduates
- Diploma, Birjand, 1990; ranked first in Birjand County
Dr Bakhshaee’s specialized courses
- Rhinology (endoscopic nose, sinus and skull base surgery & rhinoplasty), Stanford University, US, 2009
- Sleep disorders, Stanford Sleep Medicine Center, US, 2014
- Rhinology (endoscopic nose, sinus and skull base surgery & rhinoplasty), Harvard University, US, 2012
- Skull base and rhinoplasty, John Hopkins University, US, 2011
- Rhinoplasty and facial plastic surgery, Ohio Cosmetic Surgery Center, US, 2011
- Rhinology, Stanford University, US, 2009