WHAT ARE LAP BAND RECOVERY AND POST-OPERATIVE CARE?
You will only need one night stay in the hospital. You must have an x-ray in the hospital to make sure of the location of the band. The first two weeks after your surgery, you can only drink clear liquids like black tea, water and juices. After two weeks you can start eating pureed food. Soft food and regular food are permitted during the next weeks. Do not forget that after your body is healed, you have to change your eating habits. Never mix liquid and solid foods in a meal. Chew carefully. Avoid swallowing big amount of food. Take small amount of meals in order to avoid vomiting. Take daily multivitamins, a calcium-vitamin D, vitamin B12 or iron, or other medicines your doctor asks you to. Try to take blood test every few months at least for a year after your surgery. Do not neglect visiting your doctor and making sure of the location of your lap band.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS AND RISKS OF GASTRIC BAND?
Although the gastric banding surgery is determined as a safe surgery, it has its complications and side effects. If a patient is too obese, the surgeon might make larger incisions and it may cause harm. Besides, every surgery may bring infection, bleeding or breathing problems. The specific potential risks related to LAGB are:
- Movement of the band
- Anemia due to restriction in eating red meat
- Gas embolism
- Injury to different parts of the body including organs near the stomach, stomach wall, and major blood vessels
- Vomiting and pain if a patient does not follow the instructions and recommendation of their doctor
- Eroding of the band up to 1%
These side-effects are rare, though, and the possibility of their occurrence can be greatly decreased if the patient follows their doctor’s instructions.
WHAT ARE SOME ADVANTAGES OF ADJUSTABLE GASTRIC BAND?
- It is reversible. In case you don’t want to have it any longer, it can be removed later without having made any alteration to the stomach.
- As the name suggests, it is adjustable. During pregnancy, it can be loosened and after that, tightened again. So, it is a good option for women who want to get pregnant
- With the use of laparoscopy, there will be no need for large incisions. As a result, patients feel less pain
- It costs less than gastric bypass surgery
- No alteration occurs to the anatomy of the stomach.
- Less surgical complications than invasive procedures
- Patients are less in need of nutrition supplements and medication
HOW MUCH DOES A LAPAROSCOPIC ADJUSTABLE GASTRIC BAND COST?
As this surgery is mostly related to one’s health rather than beauty, it requires special care to have the best for one’s body. In the United States, for example, prices range from $10,000 to $29,000.
GASTRIC BAND SURGERY COST IN IRAN
Although the quality of materials used are great and the doctors are well-skilled, the price of this surgery in Iran is much more affordable than other countries. While an average gastric band surgery in Iran costs around $3,000, a similar procedure costs $15,000 in the US, $12,000 in the UK and $8,000 in India.
AriaMedTour is currently offering quality bariatric surgeries including gastric band (lap band) surgeries by highly qualified surgeons in some of the best hospitals and clinics of Tehran and other major cities across Iran. Do not hesitate to put in your request below so that our coordinators will contact you as soon as possible to assist you in this regard.
WHY IS IRAN A GOOD CHOICE FOR LAP BAND?
As there are great surgeons in Iran for different operations, lap-band (gastric band) also has its professionals. People from all around Iran as well as the world can benefit from highly experienced specialists and medical facilities at a low cost and with high quality. There are well-equipped clinics offering gastric band surgery (lap band) in different cities all around Iran including Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz, Mashhad, Tabriz and Kish Island.