When does a thigh lift become necessary?
If you are extremely overweight and wish to remove your excess fat on your body, you might opt for a liposuction on some parts of your body including your thighs. If you undergo a liposuction procedure to remove your fat, you might be left with a loose saggy skin on your belly, thighs and arms due to poor elasticity of your skin that leaves it with no option but to hang loosely on the body. The same problem may occur after a non-surgical mass weight loss. In both situations, you can remove that lax ugly skin of your thighs by having a thigh lift surgery. This invasive method will completely remove the sagging skin of your inner or outer thighs making their shape and contour smooth and fit.
How is a thigh lift performed?
- Anesthesia: As for any other surgeries, the first step in a thigh lift procedure is anesthesia. Depending on your personal preference and medical considerations, intravenous sedation and general anesthesia may be applied.
- Making incisions: Depending on the areas that need to be treated, degree of excess fat or skin and your preference, incisions are made in different patterns on your thighs.
- Removing skin and closing the incisions: The excess skin or fact is cut away and the remaining skin is pushed upward and the incisions are closed using sutures or adhesive tapes.
How long does it take for recovery?
It depends on many factors such as number and extent of the incisions, your age and your diet. It usually takes two weeks for you to be fully recovered and get back to normal life. You must strictly follow your doctor’s instructions in order not to develop any complication as a consequence of the surgery, like an infection.
What are some risks of thigh lift surgery?
Like any other surgery, a thigh lift too might pose some risks and complications which are as follows:
- Anesthesia risks
- Lasting wound healing time
- Deep and too visible scarring
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Fat necrosis
- Skin discoloration
- Swelling and bruising
- Skin loss
- Unexpected loosening of skin and need for revisionary surgery
Note that these complications are just possibilities which might occur in a small number of patients. Choosing an experience surgeon and paying great attention to his/her advice before and after the surgery would significantly reduce chances of developing postoperative risks of a thighplasty.
How much does a thigh lift cost?
The range of a thigh lift surgery is $6,000 to $12,000 in the United states which depends on factors such as the doctor’s reputation, technique, severity of the condition, etc.
Thigh lift in Iran
Iranian surgeons have vast experience in different types of plastic surgeries, including thigh lift. The cost of a thigh lift in Iran stands somewhere between $2,000 to $4,000.
See more before and after photos of thigh lift in Iran