WHY GASTRIC BALLOON?
As obesity is a very dangerous issue, it needs to be resolved. Obesity may cause chronic diseases and social issues. Heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea are the negative effects of obesity. Obese people are not as good at physical activities as others and feel less self-confident. Gastric balloon prevents them from overeating, helps patients resolve their obesity quickly and manage their eating styles. For obese people who were unable to lose weight by trying different methods, gastric balloon is a good and safe option.
ARE YOU A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR GASTRIC BALLOON?
You are a good candidate for gastric balloon procedure if:
- You do not wish to undergo a surgery.
- You have diabetes or sleep apnea, high blood pressure.
- You have to undergo other surgeries related to heart, bones, etc.
- Your body mass index (BMI) is more than 29 and less that. (Calculate your BMI)
- You are allergic to anesthesia.
- You are properly prepared to change your previous eating habits and lifestyle.
You are not a good candidate for gastric balloon if:
- You abuse alcohol or drugs.
- You have undergone other stomach surgeries.
- You are suffering from either stomach or duodenum ulcer.
- You have been using anti-blood coagulation drugs.
- You are pregnant.
- You are suffering from chronic renal failure.
- You are suffering from gastric hernia which has a length of more than 5 centimeters.
- You have psychiatric issues.
- You have cirrhosis of the liver.
- You are suffering from inflammatory bowel disease.
- You are suffering from collagen diseases.
You are suffering from certain cancers.