Dr Gholamreza Naderi’s biography
Born in 1974, Dr Naderi earned his high school diploma in 1992 with a GPA of 19.17 out of 20. He then participated in the Iranian University Entrance Exam, known as Konkour, and obtained an excellent position in the ranking (64th in Region 1) which allowed him to be accepted at Mashhad University of Medical Sciences to study medicine.
In 1999, Dr Naderi was graduated in general medicine from the university with top scores. He participated in a PhD exam the same year and was accepted at Iran University of Medical Sciences. He successfully completed his residency in orthopedics at this university in 2003 after which he also received his board certification in this specialty.
Dr Naderi did his national service as an orthopedist at the Iranian Navy’s Golestan Hospital between 2003 to 2005 and did his compulsory medical service (Tarh) between 2005 to 2012 in Semnan province. It was during this period that Dr Naderi performed his first arthroscopic surgeries.
In 2012, Dr Naderi began his work in Naft, Treata, Ibn Sina, Moheb and Mehr hospitals, as well as the Sports Medicine Federation of Iran.
Dr Naderi has successfully passed the following fellowships and courses:
- Advanced Knee Arthroscopy Course in Austria;
- Advanced Knee Arthroscopy Course in France;
- Fellowship of Ankle Arthroscopic Surgery at Academic Medical Center (AMC) of Amsterdam, the Netherlands under the guidance of Dr van Dijk and Dr Kerkhoffs;
- Fellowship of Ankle Surgery in Liestal, Switzerland under the guidance of Dr Hintermann;
- Fellowship of Ankle Surgery in McGill University of Canada under the guidance of Dr Ruth Chaytor.