Three days have passed now since you had your weight loss procedure and now you can have a more diversified diet. This dietary phase is still based on liquids and soft foods, but the liquids should have thicker consistencies. In fact, the liquids you drink in these 10 days should have a density similar to that of milk.
1- Drink 120-150 ml of liquid an hour
2- Keep your protein intake above 70 grams per day by taking protein supplements prescribed for you. This amount cannot be completely taken from liquids such as broth.
3- Make sure to drink 4 cups of plain water a day.
4- Resume your normal activities with the permission of the coordinating team (AriaMedTour)
5- Before consumption, sift the liquids and stir them until they have the thickness of milk. After 10 days you may gradually increase the thickness of the soup up to the consistency and softness of pudding.
6- To prepare chicken broth, clean chicken with bones and remove the excess fat and skin. Then boil it with aromatic vegetables until it is cooked perfectly. After that, remove the vegetables from the pot and sift the broth with a sieve, then let it cool by putting it in the refrigerator for one hour, until a layer of fat is formed on the surface. Finally, remove the fat layer and slightly heat the broth again before consumption.
Meat or chicken broth should be sifted through a sieve to be free from solid particles.
Foods you are allowed to eat in Phase 2 Diet after weight loss surgery (from days 4 to 14):
- Protein supplements (as prescribed by a nutritionist)
- Protein shakes
- Diluted ‘no sugar added’ fresh fruit juice (half a cup of juice mixed with half a cup of water)
- Reduced-fat meat or chicken broth (stock)
- Skimmed or low-fat milk, yogurt or yogurt drink (doogh)
- Thin well-mixed soup NOT containing rice, potato, peas, corns, cream, butter, noodles, and vermicelli.
- Vegetable juice
- Home-made fruit yogurt with no sugar added.
1- All the dietary habits and recommendations you have adopted during the last 3 days, including sipping water and liquids and gradually increasing liquid intake, hold true in this phase as well.
2- In days 4-8 after surgery, it is recommended that you drink no more than one glass of milk a day and that you divide it (equally) between two meals, gradually increasing the quantity in the following days. Bear in mind that chocolate milk, coffee milk, and milk mixed with yolk is not recommended, but you can eat soy milk or lactose-free milk if you like.
It is highly recommended that you use skim or low-fat milk instead of high-fat milk or milk mixed with other ingredients, such as chocolate milk or coffee milk.
3- Stop eating once you feel full or nausea.
4- Do not drink water one hour before and one hour after meals, and do not lie down for 45 minutes after meals.
5- In the first days after surgery, avoid sweetened drinks such as sugary tea, as it may cause dizziness, excessive sweating, and heart palpitation.
6- Avoid smoking cigarettes and hookahs, as it increases the likelihood of acid reflux.
7- Do not take protein supplements without a prescription or if you do not know the correct dosage.
8- Different kinds of plain soups NOT containing rice, potato, peas, corns, cream, butter, noodles, and vermicelli are allowed in this phase and it is recommended that you use meat or chicken broth for making soups instead of water.
9- Soups must be thin, well-mixed, and have the thickness of milk.
10- On the day 10 you can add parsley, coriander, or finely-chopped celery leaves.
Sample meal plan for days 4-14 after weight loss surgery (Phase 2)
- 8 a.m.: A cup of warm or tepid water
- 9 a.m.: A cup of skimmed of low-fat milk
- 10 a.m.: A cup of diluted fresh fruit juice with no sugar added (half a cup of juice diluted with half a cup of water)
- 11 a.m.: A cup of warm or tepid water
- 11:59 a.m.: A cup of well-mixed soup
- 1 p.m.: A cup of diet jelly
- 2 p.m.: A cup of warm or tepid water
- 3 p.m.: A cup of pulp-free carrot juice
- 4 p.m.: A cup of diluted fresh fruit juice with no sugar added (half a cup of juice diluted with half a cup of water)
- 5 p.m.: A cup of milk or yogurt
- 6 p.m.: A cup of warm or tepid water
- 7 p.m.: a cup of well-mixed soup
- 8 p.m.: A cup of warm or tepid water